The velvety green natural emerald in this pendant feels regal to me. The absence of heavy inclusions, the exceptional green color, and precise faceting combine to make this a magnificent emerald. The leafy green flashes of color when sunlight hits this pendant…wow! Nestled in 18-karat white gold and highlighted by 1/4 carat of dazzling diamonds, this emerald pendant is worthy of Cleopatra herself.
A few emerald facts-
- The Ancient Egyptians considered emeralds sacred symbols of fertility and immortality. Cleopatra was known to have a passion for emeralds and claimed ownership of all emerald mines in Egypt during her reign.
- Emerald and aquamarine are in the same mineral family of beryl.
- The Chalk Emerald is one of the world’s most famous emeralds weighing an impressive 37.8 carats.
- More than 50% of the world’s mined emeralds come from Colombia.
- To clean your natural emerald, gently wash with a mild soap solution and water.